Wednesday, January 20, 2010

**Confessions of a pregnant newlywed..

I've been married for 5 months and have not sent my thank you's. My home is as much of a wreck as my emotions.

I don't cook dinner because I can't stand to look at most meats and potatoes gross me out.

My husband and I are struggling financially.

I am trying to build a business from the ground up instead of getting a 9-5 job.

My relationship with the Lord has been difficult. I stay committed- I would never leave completely, but I have not been spending the time to just BE with Him the way He longs for me to. The way I used to LONG to. It takes much more discipline in this season, but is always worth it.

Life, as of now.. is very very MESSY.

BUT...

The Lord my GOD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in LOVE.

This fact is repeated in at least 10 different places in the Bible.. Must be important that we know this about our God!! (Exodus 34:6, 2 Chronicles 30:9, Nehemiah 9:17, Psalm 86:15, Psalm 103:8, Psalm 111:4, Psalm 112:4, Psalm 145:8, Joel 2:13, Jonah 4:2 are the ones that showed up on biblegateway.com)

If we are made in the likeness of Christ, and if we long to be more like Him, and reflect His character.. this part of His character would be a good place to start!

Anytime I've heard this verse referenced, I've always thought of adapting it to how I treat other people. Which is definitely a part of it, but more recently the Lord has shown me that these are ways I need to treat myself. HE is gracious, compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in LOVE.. the kind of love found in 1 Corinthians 13- you know "love is patient, love is kind.."

If HE is this way toward ME.. if HE is patient with me... what right do I have to be impatient with myself when I don't measure up to my own expectations? None. None whatsoever. Nor do I have the right to be any other way toward my husband, or toward any other human being. No matter what. I have no stone to cast. (John 8:1-11)

2 comments:

  1. Marsha, I have really been enjoying following your blog. You speak right from the heart, and it touches my heart. I especially relate to your thoughts in today's post. Your example of turning to God's word for help through the difficult times is an encouragement to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,

    Praying for you darling!! God is faithful and compassionate... he will be MORE than enough! Trusting his promises for YOU :)
    -Ria

    ReplyDelete